Find the answer to your question on this page…
You're not the first one to have asked it.
- Does my dog have to stay on a leash?
Yes. We require that all dogs stay on a leash at all times while on the Event premises for the safety of the dog and others. We require the leash to be 6 ft. maximum length. No retractable leashes are allowed during the events for safety purposes.
- Will there be water available for my dog?
Yes. Water stations will be set up at the course start, on the course about every mile, and at the event finish. Water and bowls will be provided.
- How can I pay?
Payments will be received online through our registration system. Go to the event you wish to attend, and click on “sign up”. This will direct you through the registration process and payments can be made. We do not accept checks. Cash may be used on same day registration if registration is still open at that time.
- How to register?
Go to the event you wish to attend on our website. Click on “sign up”, and follow the registration process directions.
- Do I need a medical certificate?
A medical certificate or clearance is not required. It is the responsibility of the pet owners for the health and safety of themselves and their pets. If your health or the health of your dog is in question, visit your doctor and/or veterinarian to receive clearance for the event you wish to attend.
- Do I need a waiver?
Yes. There are 2 waivers that must be signed during the registration process. Both can be e-signed online. A physical copy can also be printed, signed, and turned in at packet pick up. A signed waiver is required for event participation.
- What time does the race start?
Check the event schedule for the start time of the event. Start times vary from event to event. Some events will have different start times for different waves of the event. Always check the schedule the day before the event as start times may change last minute.
- How early should I show up?
We recommend you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to start time. This will allow you and your dog to get rid of some of jitters and relax a little. It will also allow you some time to use restrooms if necessary.
- How many dogs can I bring?
We allow 1 dog per participant for the safety of the dogs and others. While some people can walk 2 dogs at once, it is a bit more difficult when surrounded by hundreds of other dogs on leashes. If you have more than one dog that you would like to participate, find a good friend or another responsible pet owner to participate with your pet. Hopefully this helps with socializing both humans and dogs.
- Is there a baggage check?
No. There will be no baggage check at this time. Please leave valuable items in your car, with a friend, or a trusted spectator. If you participate with your keys or valuables, please make sure they are securely fastened to you to reduce the risk of losing items.
- Are there refreshments along the course?
Water stations will be at event start, throughout the course at about every mile, and at event finish. Refreshments will also be at event finish. Some events will have additional food for sale at event finish.
- Where may I see pictures of the race?
Pictures will be posted on the website soon after each event. Participants will receive an email notification when pictures are posted and a link to view the pictures.
- What if dogs are aggressive?
It is the responsibility of each pet owner for the safety of their dog and others. If your dog is sometimes aggressive, you may want to have your dog wear a muzzle before the event to prevent any accidents. Once the event begins, you may be able to take off the muzzle because the dogs are more entertained with the exercise. If another dog seems to be aggressive towards you or your dog, it is your responsibility to remove yourself from harm or shield your dog from another. We want to make sure NOBODY gets injured during our events, and it takes the help and responsibility of everyone to make this possible.
- Will there be professionals on site for dog control?[vc_column_inner width="1/1"][vc_column_text animate="none" delay="0"]Yes. There will be professional dog trainers and volunteers at event start, and throughout event course to help maintain dog and crowd control. The professionals will have the right to break up any unwanted behaviors, but do your best to control your dog around others. You don’t want to be the one we ask to leave because you can’t control your dog.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner]
- Do I have to bring a dog?[vc_column_inner width="1/1"][vc_column_text animate="none" delay="0"]No. You may enter the event without a dog. You may not be qualified to receive an award if the event has category and/or overall awards. We would encourage all participants to participate with a dog or with someone that is participating with a dog. The purpose of the events is to build the relationships between humans and canines.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner]
- Is there an age limit?[vc_column_inner width="1/1"][vc_column_text animate="none" delay="0"]You must check the event rules and regulations for each event. There are different age restrictions for different events. Some obstacle events have a minimum age of 5 years. There is no maximum age limit. It is the responsibility of each participant to make sure you are physically capable of completing each event without injury.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner]
- What if my dog needs to eliminate during the event?[vc_column_inner width="1/1"][vc_column_text animate="none" delay="0"]It is the responsibility of each pet owner to clean up after their dogs. Please carry poop bags with you at all times and dispose of all waste in waste baskets that will be placed throughout the course.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner]